I’m pleased to announce that I am hosting the monthly blogging event Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger. Every month gluten-free bloggers choose and make their favourite bloggers’ recipe(s) and blog about their experience. It was started by Sea of Book of Yum, in an effort to get to know the gluten-free blogging community better and make those recipes we promise ourselves to do…one day. How many recipes have we all bookmarked, whether in a cookbook or our favourite blog, with the intention of making it but don’t?
Well, that’s part of Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger: picking those recipes that have been sitting on the back burner for who knows how long and finally getting it from our minds to our stomachs. Food for thought becomes food for the soul, literally.
Sign up is simple and it’s easy to participate. Leave a comment telling me whom you’d like to adopt, following the guidelines below after the jump.
Pick a gluten-free blogger whose recipes you admire and adopt them by commenting on this post with your name, blog name and their name and blog name.
- Be sure that your chosen blogger’s recipes are all be gluten-free or have a way to sort and read ONLY gluten-free recipes.
- Please pick a different blogger every time you participate.
- Please pick a blogger that has not been adopted yet this month! If that blogger you wanted to adopt has already been adopted, pick another one and better luck next month! 🙂 Exception: double adoptions are acceptable in the instance of an adopter postponing for next month and if adoptee has already been adopted by another blogger.
2) Pick one (or two!) of your gluten-free blogger’s recipes to try.
3) Make the recipe, photograph it and write a post in your blog introducing the blogger and their recipe.
*Follow the recipe as written, as closely as possible, excepting necessary substitutes for self-explanatory reasons, i.e. allergies. Please don’t print their recipe on your post – just provide your reader a link to their original recipe and a link back to this announcement page.
4) Email me at zscupoftea[at]gmail[dot]com with your photo of the recipe, the URL of your post, name of the recipe, and the URL of the adopted blogger’s original post.
5) Post YOUR POST’s URL in a comment to this post, and if possible please try to visit two other blogger’s posts that are posted here and comment. Remember, this event is all about getting to know the gluten-free blogging community better and making it more interactive and fun!
Sign up BEFORE May 31, 2011 (loose deadline; late sign-ups are okay) and post your review and email it to me by June 10th, 2011 (firm deadline, no nonsense).
Note that if you don’t have a blog, you are still welcome to adopt a gluten-free blogger. Sign up to adopt a blogger following the above guidelines, write a review of one of their recipes, including your name (or pen name), the recipe URL and recipe title. Then take a photo of the completed recipe (if you can) and EMAIL ME the review and photo. I will include your review and photo as part of the round-up in June.
Adoption Sign-up Sheet:
- Liz of Eat the Cookie (adopted by Nicole of Special Diet Creations)
- Ricki of Diet, Dessert and Dogs (adopted by Iris of The Daily Dietribe)
- Heidi of Adventures of a Gluten-Free Mom (adopted by Shirley of Gluten-Free Easily)
- Gigi of Gigi Gluten-Free (adopted by Debi of Hunter’s Lyonesse and Thomas of GF Experience)
- Kim of Your Green Baby (adopted by Maggie of She Let Them Eat Cake)
- Alta of Tasty Eats at Home (adopted by Valerie of City | Life | Eats)
- Lynn of Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures (adopted by Lauren of As Good As Gluten)
- Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl (adopted by Cheryl of Gluten Free Goodness)
- Karina of Gluten Free Goddess (adopted by Alena of Two Sisters Gluten Free)
- Zoe of Z’s Cup of Tea [me] (adopted by Eating Like a Horse)
- Carol of Simply…Gluten-Free (adopted by me)
- Brittany of Real Sustenance (adopted by Kalinda of Wheat Free Meat Free)
- Hallie of Daily Bites (adopted by Wendy of Celiacs in the House)
- Cheryl of Gluten-Free Goodness (adopted by Alta of Tasty Eats at Home)
- Meg of Gluten Free Boulangerie (adopted by Frannycakes)